[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Poll

What should FA's approach to the GTN be?

FA should set up regulations that prohibit members from doing things such as undercutting other members in order to better control the market.
12 (40%)
FA should allow the GTN to be a free market where individuals can choose the way they want to sell items on the marketplace. It's up to each individual to use the GTN to their advantage or not.
18 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 26, 2012, 02:02:27 pm

Author Topic: Poll: GTN Control  (Read 7166 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Poll: GTN Control
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »
This is an issue that I believe will dramatically change with patch 1.2 once we have a guild bank, but in the meantime this has become a hot issue and one which we should address.

Some people are playing the markets, and playing the markets hard. On the one hand are a group of people who want to fix prices as high as possible. On the other hand you have people just wanting to clear out their inventory and get a little cash.

Whilst a number of people want the guild to have some kind of rule that we won't undercut guildies, other people want a free market, to be just that, free. The argument being that those who want to play the market and maintain a price, can buy a cheaper product from their guildmates and make money on resale.

Each side has its merits, and it's really a matter of what direction we want to take it. In the future our hope is that most items will be donated/sold to the guild bank and then the guild might turn items on the GTN for a profit that benefits the guild. Regardless, for now we need a decision on this. Please weigh in at the poll!

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: GTN Control
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »
I think it's silly that a relatively small group of people couldn't reach a mature, adult resolution on this dispute; now it's gone from taking up a few people's time to taking up the time of the rest of the guild.

That being said...

We play this game as a team.
We PVP as a team.
We PVE as a team.

Why shouldn't we GTN as a team?

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:42:28 pm »
I say never screw over teammates. In stead of under cutting an angel try selling to them. That way you both make money.

Furious since 2006.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:51:32 pm »
Voted.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »
Voted.  I think there should be teamwork involved, but I don't think it really needs to relate to any and all things GTN.  I mean, we all have junk we're just looking to unload, or excess amounts of basic crafting materials.

I believe a greater effort should be made to maintain a good price for those items that took a little more effort/cash to get.  Things such as critted items, purple crafting materials, raid-only materials (after 1.2).

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »
Voted

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »
Will guild be flipping the bill on repairs if this is the case? If we are working as a guild donating to the guild to control the market on said items then will guild be funding repair costs ? Or am I going to potentially lose money so the guild can be rich and I have no money to foot the bill for my cost of repairs?

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »
I'm guess I don't understand the situation here.

People are actually making the arguement that we should be allowed to undercut other guildies? How in life does this ever, ever make any sense at all?

We play as a team in everything else we do. If you're undercutting a guildie to make a sale fast, you're probably hurting them in the process.

Sure, I could see "undercutting" someone who sets a retardedly high price, but I don't think that's what we're talking about here...

Give me one example of a time when undercutting a guildmate who sets a fair price is acceptable. :/

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:39 pm »
Poll
What should FA's approach to the GTN be?
FA should set up regulations that prohibit members from doing things such as undercutting other members in order to better control the market.   

Just re-read this ... So what is the presumption here on this? That the first person to post a corusca gem is forever in charge of corusca gem prices? I know that's a bit far fetched but I'd like some details on this... I understand the whole work as a team mentality but I think this is a terrible idea

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »
Not voted because I dont agree with either... I dont thing someone should undercut, but if it happens I don't think any sort of action should be taken on them from a guild perspective - "Prohibit" is a strong word.

I would prefer to see someone working the market to buy the stuff from the other sellers at that lower price - if that is then sold at a higher price both parties would profit.

Offline SirTrey

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:10 pm »
More freedom, less government.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:33 pm »
i dont like GTN control at all. forced inflation of the market is going to make it harder for some of us to sell because we have to sell items at the listed price and hope there are enough buyers to buy our item as well.

plus this turns FA into a corporate mafia of sorts and could give us a black eye on a larger scale.

its ok if the pricing is competitive for everyone out there, but its going to be hard on that new guy thats non guilded to make his money and its going to start to make things sour in the public eye.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 01:44:34 am »
If 4 of us are constantly selling rare mats on the market and are competing against one another we arent going to make money as a whole.

If we price match guildies we all make more money. Simple as that. Undercutting a guild mate, in my eyes, is selfish.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:25:39 am »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
If 4 of us are constantly selling rare mats on the market and are competing against one another we arent going to make money as a whole.

If we price match guildies we all make more money. Simple as that. Undercutting a guild mate, in my eyes, is selfish.

QFT...

With that said, the times I have put something up for sale, I've never once looked at who was selling the same item. For the casual sellers, I doubt everyone is aware when another FA member is selling the same thing.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 07:18:29 am »
I never look to see who's selling what and don't have the time to do that either.
PS. Less goverment for the WIN

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online