Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Recruitment Thread Posting  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Recruitment Thread Posting
« on: March 30, 2011, 01:53:48 pm »
Hey guys, Anamodiel here. If you don't know who I am, I'm the Recruitment Officer of the guild, so it's my job to comment on things like these. It's been brought up many different times at many different meetings, and has been posted in the notes of the meetings, but I feel like some of you still don't quite get it.

You guys have been slacking off. Majorly.

In the last week (7 days, going back to the 23rd) in our Recruitment Thread, we have had a total of 9 unique members post. Here's the breakdown:

Anamodiel - 6
Unforgiven - 5
ManicVelocity - 2
Nocry - 1
Venlar - 1
Dagonet - 1
Winter - 1
Eeth - 1
Arawn - 1

What's wrong with this picture? Well, to start things off, we have more than 9 members. A lot more. Like 70 members. That's about 12% of our guild taking 45 seconds out of their day to post in our Recruitment thread. That's about 60 members not posting on the SWTOR forums.

Where are the rest of you?
Why aren't you posting in the Recruitment thread?!

If I were a new person looking at guilds, I would think that there were only 10-15 active members in this guild. Assuming I even saw the thread (which more and more now has been hovering on the 2nd or 3rd page because not enough people are bumping it), I would pass over the guild for a more active one. It doesn't look good if we can't keep our Recruitment thread because it leads to the assumption that we aren't very active in our own forums.

You guys were doing so great during that first week and a half after the guild HQ went up and there was that big push in the Recruitment thread. You guys were actually fantastic. Half of the posts in our Recruitment thread went up in March. That's absolutely incredible, especially because it has translated into more members within the past month.

At the beginning of March there were 55 pages in the Galactic Recruitment forum, a little before the time the Guild HQ went up. Two weeks ago there was ~75. Today there are 90 pages of threads of guilds asking to recruit people. If our thread is not bumped at least once every four hours, it is lost to the wastelands of those other 89 pages.

I don't care what you have to do to remind yourself to post in there. Personally, I keep a bookmark in my bookmark menu of the thread and post in there whenever I open up my browser. The link is in between my Facebook and Furious Angels bookmarks. I always end up clicking it once I've visited the sites I've normally visit. Don't be afraid to post in there. Quote some dumb quote and link to both the FA website (www.thefuriousangels.com) and the Signal (www.followthesignal.net) or post something original if you're feeling creative. I've posted in there so much that I'll just randomly click on a page, find someone's quote that I like, and repost it (obviously taking out the code for the quote). Google "inspirational quotes" or "motivational quotes" or "cool quotes" or whatever the hell kind of quote you want. Or come up with something RP-ish if you want to take that route, too.

The only rule I have is this: Don't spam the thread. We don't need 4 posts in an hour, because chances are high that we're still on top of the first page. If it's been about 2 hours or more since there was a post in the thread, post in it. If it's less than 2 hours, leave it alone (unless it's during peak hours and you notice that it's on the second page).

Remember, Anamodiel still loves you, even if you guys are slackers. Major props to the people that have posted in the Recruitment thread recently.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! :)

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment Thread Posting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »
And in the time you read this, you could have posted about 20 times, so get to it!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 02:22:50 pm »
I'll post every other day or so from now on. Just seen that Adad (Jonet?) has just posted.

Offline Deathsythe

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »
Just made my post. Will try to keep in mind from today onwards.

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 07:05:10 pm »
I'll keep on top of that. Honestly sorta flew my mind with all that's been happening. Damn being the new guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTz9nIUkGc

I'm doing my part!
"Judge me if you want, we're all going to die... I intend to deserve it."

Offline victoriah

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whatkristinalikes.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:48:03 pm »
i'm sorry i've been busy irl :(

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 08:48:28 pm »
I'm on it as well.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »
I'm going to bump this.

We haven't had an interview for three weeks now. The bumping of our recruitment thread has taken a back seat to whatever else you guys do on the internet. I haven't been doing an incredibly good job of posting in it either, but the Signal is pretty weak right now.

At the creation of this thread on our forums, there were 90 pages in the Republic Guild Recruitment Forum. There are, as of right now, 136. Since the beginning of March, the number of Republic Guild threads has almost TRIPLED.

The more that this is on the first page, the more exposure our faction gets, and all of that translates into more members and a better public image for us overall. We don't look like a very active faction if we can't even keep a simple thread bumped in which we're essentially asking people to join us. It's not that hard, guys. Put it as a homepage tab when you start up your internet. Put it as a bookmark in your bookmark toolbar. Set an alarm on your phone to once a day check it. We're all nerds, and I know you spend at least five minutes on the internet. BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Bump it once every four hours. IF SOMEONE HAS POSTED IN THAT THREAD WITHIN THE LAST HOUR, DO NOT POST IN IT. It will be marked as spam and our thread could risk deletion.

Thanks, everyone!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »
you forgot mine in there lol, but yeah i keep checking it when im on and we are still frontpage. sorry if my timings bad ill remember to check again when im off work at 6ish.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:17 am »
I made a mistake... I checked the thread and i thought i read the last one (paytrins) was yesterday at 3am... so i went and bumped... then i re-read and checked it was today at 3am... but since mine says 7am... i hope its no problem since theres 4hour between posts....

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 07:13:29 am »
I think that as long as we are working to keep it on the front page, it doesnt matter if its 4 hours or 7. the other day i went to post and it was still on the front page (second from the top) 6 hours from the previous post, so I skipped it.

The important thing is that we are all checking in on it and keeping it active. We just got a new application so obviously this was important.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »
hmm... i think that we dint get new applications because of a bug... i just read a post from Anamodiels saying there was a bug and it got fixed and then this new application showed up.

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 03:58:58 pm »
lolz @ all of FA being scolded for no new applicants then finding its script bug?
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »
This doesn't mean that we can stop bumping our thread. Keep bumping!!

I also PM'd all of the people that registered on the forums in May to let them know about the problem.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:46 am »
chaps (and by that I include ladies too) - keep it on the front page please.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 316