Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Trying to find a class to play is harder than it looks....  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Oomm

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Trying to find a class to play is harder than it looks....
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:58:45 pm »
So as per my interview, I try to play classes that fit my style as well as make me feel that I'm contributing in many ways. That being said, this game makes me want to pull my teeth out. I've been trying to find a class for me and I keep switching CONSTANTLY! JC to Trooper to JK back to Trooper to JC again. Oh, I tried Smuggler...ya, cover system is not my cup of tea.

So here are my observation. I know its beta, but as for this current build (8/28/11) this what I have so far.

Trooper - amazing AOE, single target priority/rotation is very hard to figure out and trying to find an optimal spec is making me want to cry. The trooper has potential for being an amazing class, but healing as a Commando is very meh.

JK - it felt very good leveling and the abilities made sense, but they need help. They need a buff in DPS overall as well as survivability in PVP. They also need some sort of "deathgrip" or gap closer, which isn't their force leap.

JC - shadow, disappointing...sage, amazing. DPS sage that is. i dunno, its a bit OP atm, with their force mechanic. remaking my JC into a sage was a lot more rewarding in a sense of damage and support.

My heart says Trooper, but my head is telling me to go JC. /sigh

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find a class to play is harder than it looks..
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:10:59 pm »
I heard the JK guardian is one of the harder classes to play republic side. Maybe try a commando healer?

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:33:33 pm »
I always say follow your heart, whether the class is OP or not, its your enjoyment of the class that makes all the difference.
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:41:05 pm »
Play what you will be most fun for you, not what you think people want you to play.

We're going to have plenty of people in the guild and plenty of options to form up.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Linlinn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »
there will be plenty of us to cover what is needed so I'd say follow your heart. After all if you're not enjoying it you'll be more likely to burn out.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »
scoundrel is very different from gunslinger, cover is really only used if your healing (which i dont as a scrapper) its very rogue like and in your face style shooting with ranged attacks that you can utilize while closing the gap on your enemies. pvp wise our utility can keep an enemy shut down (when used effectively) while your teammates help you squash him. even sorcerers are fair game to you if you can keep them down and out.

Offline Oomm

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 03:58:55 pm »
Okay...Jedi Sage. After a lot of trials and tribulation and many lvl 15-20+ characters. I sent all my credits and mats from other accounts to my Jedi Sage. I honestly should've made my first JC into a Sage, but that's why its beta. You test and test until you get it right.

Offline AstralFire

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theanteheroes.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:50 am »
What was disappointing about the Shadow to you? Which build were you trying?

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:18 am »
This is for all those playing a Trooper

Offline Oomm

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 08:59:35 am »
Jedi Shadow felt very clunky at its current build do to the fact that they get blown up in PvP and they are lacking in some PvE dps. HOWEVER, do not fear. Recently the developers are going to buff the other classes in order to bring everyone on par rather than nerf the most complete class current, i.e. Sorc/Sage.

Offline Balance

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:06 am »
Wait...   devs making classes stronger rather than replacing weapons with nerf guns and wiffle ball bats?!  But.. that's not how things are done in the gaming industry...
I really hope trooper vanguards end up being fun.  As much as I love dps and aoe, I'd rather have a rifle and good armor than one of those big cannon things.

Offline DudeWithGun

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:54 am »
Most MMOs have some unbalanced classes at launch. Even if JK was harder to play or wasn't so OP, their ultimate goal would be a balance between the classes. So I'd recommend going with what you love, like flip a coin, and before it lands, whatever you hoped it would land on, go with that. That's what I did and I'm going trooper all the way.

I had a high level Jedi Shadow and from what I saw, she was pretty fun. I wrecked a  trooper, but he could have been just awful. I also noticed that the Sith Warrior was kind of a weak let down so I'm sure that won't always be the case at launch since he's supposed to be a pretty bad dude.

Offline Oomm

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:54 am »
though i'm sure that i'll be a JC (almost positive actually since i know the class inside and out. thank you beta! <3), i might try a JK since they have been significantly buff'd this beta patch to make them more optimal and in line to the other classes. also, they have a solid story line, compared to the JC story which is a :SPOILER:! :D

Offline Deathsythe

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:40 am »
Well, I plan on making a JK as soon as early access lets me in. Sadly, I'm not making plans of seeing the game in beta. And like it was mentioned above, "I'd recommend going with what you love".

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15