Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Photoshoot and a talk with Walrus  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Photoshoot and a talk with Walrus
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:04:50 pm »
Ok, so everyone needs to keep this hush hush for now, but FA is getting some mad recognition soon. I've been contacted twice in the past 24 hours for interviews and photoshoots.

Relic got me to pose in the International District. He claims the shot is going to some publication, with my name and the faction tag attached.

As if that wasn't enough attention, Walrus contacted me today talking about featuring our faction. He interviewed me, though he claims he already knew enough about us to make up the article. Here's the interview if you are interested:

walrus@thematrixonline.com: Hey Tbone, you around?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Hey
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I'm here now
tbone@thematrixonline.com: What can I do for you?
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Actually, I was just pinging you for some information about FA.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Ok, that I think I can help with! What would you like to know?
walrus@thematrixonline.com: lol. Let's see...I was in a crunch, so I did a write up on what I knew...
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Actually, some specifics would be cool: When did you start recruiting?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I started recruitment in May. I had been following the game since November, but I decided to create a faction in preparation for the Beta (which we originally thought would be towards the beginning of the summer).
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I had been in another faction before then, but I had some ideas that I really wanted to try and implement, and they were not providing me with that flexibility.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Yeah, speaking of. How long did it take you to put together "follow the angel"?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: The process of creating the "follow the angel" challenge actually happened rather quickly. Originally it started with some basic html tricks. As our popularity grew, however, the need to limit our Potentials grew. I increased the difficulty and challenge one day in around 10 minutes. It's a lot easier to create than it is to figure out. The trick was not knowing a lot about computer technology, but simply looking at things in a different way.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: And how many operatives are in the Furious Angels now?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: OoOo...Walrus forcing me to give away some of my secrets! I guess I can do that for you! We currently have a little over 50 active operatives. If you total everyone who was once in the faction, it would probably equal around 400.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: The Furious Angels is not for everyone. We're a hardcore group that likes to have fun and accomplish huge tasks. Especially while Beta was so closed up, it was hard to keep everyone active. Every one of our members now has access to the Matrix, so I think I've found my core group.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: We are still accepting applications, though. I probably have around 20 in the queue list right now waiting to be interviewed (yes, there's a Teamspeak interview process). I've been busy with real life the past week, though, so the Potentials have been piling up.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: In the words of Ted: Whoa! Dude! That's cool. Well, I won't give all your secrets away, although what we're doing is going to be pretty public. FA has been so public and active, we're doing a feature on you guys. I don't know if I can get this new info in under the deadline, but I think you'll be happy with what I did get.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I'm honestly very flattered. I think it's a great idea to acknowledge some of these factions. It's a great feeling to know that all the hard work to help the game and community grow doesn't go unnoticed!
tbone@thematrixonline.com: And the secrecy issue isn't a huge deal anymore. A big part of the FA early on was that mystery of not knowing exactly what we're about. Now that we're all in game, though, it is time to wake up the "sleeping giant", so to speak :)
walrus@thematrixonline.com: lol. To be honest, we were doing player profiles and I was going to add you since you're Commander of the FA, but I didn't have enough details. I figured you wouldn't mind if we talked about the faction itself, instead. :)
tbone@thematrixonline.com: By the way, when can we kiss that NDA goodbye? It's really hard to keep organized and promote the game under a vow of secrecy!
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Ugh. Tell me about it! It may have to wait for open beta, although we're pushing to remove it earlier. We're already getting some extra stuff out to the fansites.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Yeah, that's what I've heard. Well, is there anything else you'd like to know? If you need anymore details on me, I'd be more than happy to share.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Well, it's too late to get you in this one, but we're planning on more. So, let me get the "Quick Facts" stuff: Preferred Disciplines?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Kung Fu Grandmaster. Nothing beats the flashy combat - not to mention a Commander has to be able to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat! I'd like to fiddle with the Spy tree sometime. The moves I've seen from that tree look pretty cool.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Especially Punt. ;) How about Favorite District/Neighborhood?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I'd have to say the International district impressed me quite a bit. The interior and exterior design is amazing. Downtown does come in a close second, though, with its flashy billboards and skyscrapers. No specific neighborhood really jumps out at me.
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Okay. Even though you're MA, do you have a favorite weapon?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: I could have sworn I ran into a silenced shotgun. I'd like to test that weapon out a bit!
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Hmm...I'll have to look for that. Okay, last question, then I have to run to a meeting: What's your best Bullet Time moment?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: That would have to be the Guard Breaker ability. I was in awe the first time I performed that move. It went into bullet-time as I uppercutted right into the jaw of my opponent. We both went flying up in the air in slow-mo and then crashed down hard. Ooohhhhh yeahhhh!
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Yeah. We have some great shots of that move from the duels. <g> Okay, I've got to run. Thanks a ton for your information!
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Thank you! Any idea when all this stuff is gonna be put together?
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Well....
walrus@thematrixonline.com: ...did you see the Vault mention the fanzine we'll be putting out?
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Hmm, I missed that somehow. It's finals week here in the life of Tbone! :-P
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Ah, well, check it out when you get a chance. Just try to keep it to yourself for now, but FA will be part of the first MxO fanzine.
tbone@thematrixonline.com: Ok, will do. Thanks for the attention and keep up the good work!
walrus@thematrixonline.com: Thanks, will do!

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
Tbone, you rock!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 03:17:40 pm »
Once again great job T.

We'll delay kicking you out for a few more weeks :D

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 03:54:07 pm »
yay tbone, gj man, gotta get that magazine, i hope it lists some of the players, especially in your crew. it'd be nice to have my name in a mag again.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 05:45:45 pm »
Remember when you asked me why I wanted to join FA? Yeah, that's exactly why.

Great job Tbone!

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 06:13:01 pm »
tbone you're my hero

haha ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 07:38:24 pm »
Wow! That kicks ass! Finally all will recognize our power! lolz   :D

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 09:08:47 pm »
That is awesome!  I can't wait to see what they end up saying about us.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 09:14:04 pm »
I think it's for the upcoming Matrix Online Fan-zine by DC Comics...

Check it out  here

Kick ass!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 09:45:38 pm »
Wow that is seriously impressive. Great work Tbone.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 12:00:18 am »
Great job!

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 05:29:24 am »
nice going TBone, nice going

a personal acclomplishment along with an acclomplishment for the clan.

well done :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 08:12:55 am »
Nice Job, now all we have to do is get to being a massive force when the game actually comes out. I recommend getting to level 50 in the three days of pre order. :)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 10:07:12 am »
Excellent... this is something we must keep up!

A good point tho - if an atricle does come up, then I think we should have a new path ready for then if possible, because the website will probably get a LOT of hits.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 10:45:43 am »
Very awesome indeed...  It looks like all the efforts of our fearless leader and others are paying off for us.  Keep up the good job guys and stay active I have a feeling that hings are getting ready to go full tilt for the F.A.

Go ahead, make my day.

* Discord

Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 154