Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Faction Sigs! Vote now!  (Read 10087 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New Faction Sigs! Vote now!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2004, 03:33:21 pm »
The last option, "I would prefer it if no one else received that custom sig", is the same as saying "I would like everyone to be able to make their own sig". The option is there to not use the sigs at all, though that doesn't look like that'd the direction things are going in.

As for leaving room for personal space on faction sigs, I will once again state that we should either do all or nothing. If done correctly, these "dog tags" could become  an indication of prestige on the MxO forums. We should seem like one unit, and if you aren't willing to sacrifice a little individuality on the MxO forums, how many sacrifices are you going to be willing to make for the team in-game? So far the vote is leading towards having mandatory dog tags for the MxO forums, but leaving these forums to express your individuality. We'll give the poll a little while longer, though.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2004, 03:41:29 pm »
Just a friendly note:
If in the end voting between mandatory in the MxO & mandatory in both is terribly close, it might be nice to allow those that didn't vote for either have the chance to recast their vote.  It might only be possible by a 2nd poll with only the two options.  I think this way if it is close before that, we might be able to have a more decisive winner after.

EDIT:  I just want to reiterate, I am for the MxO only option.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2004, 04:09:04 pm »
Is Seven going to make a sig for everyone who wants it? Would be many sigs.

Anyways, sign me up for one...

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2004, 04:23:34 pm »
i voted for no1 cos i think it's a good idea to represent ourselves....+the people who don't know how or cant find the time(like me) to make a sig would have one which represented themselves, their ship and the faction...but it'll be a lot of work...

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2004, 04:27:46 pm »
This is gonna be a tall order... How impossible would it be for the community to get in on the development of these tags... I"m not saying have 100% creative power.... But just enough to curve the look of the tag just a bit... Maybe create a variation of 3 sigs simular to yours Tbone.. then have a vote for which one best suits the faction...  Just a thought.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2004, 04:29:07 pm »
max if you wanted a sig but didn't have time or whatnot, there are lots of people here you can ask(such as the brilliant people who have been revamping the site) ; just post and you will have offers :)

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2004, 06:47:01 pm »
I know I'm in a definite minority voting for the last one, but let me explain:

The white sigs just seem so... sterile and bland and corporate and not unique.

They don't really reflect our personality.

I admit that a lot of people, including Seven(Who touched up my sig!) are much better artists than me and create better sigs.

But I take a certain pride in my work, and I know that the sig I create myself is the best reflection of myself.

The new sigs lack that self-expression.

I think just putting "The Furious Angels" and a link to followtheangel.org is enough to proclaim our affiliation but retain individuality at the same time.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2004, 07:53:35 pm »
coming from former military i like the uniformity of having a customer sig for all to use on both forums.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 01:40:30 am »
I think that ship captains and the likes of Lid and Seven should have the uniform sig.  But until we decide how the crew personnel will either rank or however we decide to do it, they should be free to have whatever sig they want.  I would like all my crew members to unify under the similar sig, but until we are sure or rankings, it is hard to force it upon them.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 08:29:50 pm »
I voted for the 2nd option.  I think uniformity on the MXO boards would look really nice, and be one more thing to set us a step above the other groups out there.  It would give that extra mystique when you saw that particular sig you KNEW that person was a member of the FA, and that being a part of the FA's means something special.  

Allowing people to use their own sigs here would give those gifted in such artwork the chance to display it.  

Perhaps it would be possible for 2-3 different type of sigs to be made for each ship.  One which is the standard uniform white, then maybe something a little more flashy, and another perhaps a bit more dark and ominous.   If you wanted to get real detailed you could break it down per class group on the ship and have different sigs for different ranks and different ability trees but that seems a bit much...

I like the 2-3 better and the captains of each ship could determine which ones would be used and could choose to rotate the sigs on a weekly basis to give a more varity to people.  

What do you think?

Broin...

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2004, 02:05:00 am »
We don't want to kill Seven before his prime.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2004, 07:09:48 am »
Quote from: "GrimKitten"
max if you wanted a sig but didn't have time or whatnot, there are lots of people here you can ask(such as the brilliant people who have been revamping the site) ; just post and you will have offers :)

didn't want to unnececarilly bother anyone :d , being that a lot of people have a lot of work with whatever they do(if i got them right) they would still answer the post even thoe they really don't have the time.... ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2004, 09:52:36 am »
can i have one yet?

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2004, 09:58:13 am »
post in your ship's forum section

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2004, 10:06:34 am »
I know this probably won't can't as anything, I'd rather just use my own sigs on the MxO boards. Sig making is kinda my hobby (lame I know) and I usually show off my sigs on the MxO boards because people know me there. Now if I couldn't be making my own sigs for the MxO boards, it would be horribible.....

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16