Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The Agency  (Read 10768 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
The Agency
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:16:29 am »
The Agency is a new MMO currently being developed by SOE. It will be the next game that FA heavily concentrates on. We plan on involving ourselves intimately with the community and world of the game, potentially shifting our focus primarily towards this game. This forum will be used to discuss the development of the game and ideas to involve ourselves until we have designed a website that caters more to this game.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:23:25 am »
Thanks for adding this Tbone.

Furious since 2006.

Anonymous

The Agency
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:25:40 am »
Thanks T!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
The Agency
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:23:10 am »
I meant to bring this up in the discussion on TS last night, but should we work on developing FA's backstory for The Agency?  I know FA had an intricate backstory developed for MxO before the game was even in beta.

I know we don't know much about The Agency's storyline yet, but I think it would be great if we could pull some ideas together and build a story around FA's injection into the game.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
I meant to bring this up in the discussion on TS last night, but should we work on developing FA's backstory for The Agency?  I know FA had an intricate backstory developed for MxO before the game was even in beta.

I know we don't know much about The Agency's storyline yet, but I think it would be great if we could pull some ideas together and build a story around FA's injection into the game.

I like this idea.

I really like this idea.

Good thinking, Manic.

Anonymous

The Agency
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:36:14 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"

I like this idea.

I really like this idea.

Good thinking, Manic.

Would it be too much to ask for a stickied thread to start throwing together ideas for this underneath this announcement?

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
The Agency
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »
Like I said, it might be good if we knew a bit more about what The Agency's story is before we start work on our own story for it.  As of right now, all we know is that it's spy vs. spy.  We know there are two rival spy organizations, but we don't really know why they're rivals, how they formed, or what their respective goals are.  Presumably they both have the same goal, and that's where the rivalry comes into play, but we don't know that for sure.

MxO was different because anyone who had seen the movies pretty much knew exactly what to expect from the game.  Ultimately, our expectations fell short pretty damn quickly, but that's beside the point.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
The Agency
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 05:15:53 pm »
Um... like you said, until we know more we can't really do a toooo much but I would just like to point out that if we did continue with the "ships" it would be more like Countries if we chose NATO.. (and that means the Canadians finally get a ship)

My question, can someone outline the steps to get involved. I haven't really ever alpha or beta tested a game and would like to get as involved as time will allow but for lack of experience i am at a loss as to how. I know someone posted an email to send to but what do you send? I am interested in getting involved in testing your game?

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:14 pm »
Quote from: "Heironymus"
My question, can someone outline the steps to get involved. I haven't really ever alpha or beta tested a game and would like to get as involved as time will allow but for lack of experience I am at a loss as to how. I know someone posted an email to send to but what do you send? I am interested in getting involved in testing your game?

To get potentially involved in The Agency:

-Send an e-mail to jointheagency@soe.sony.com.
Subject Line: "Confidential: New Recruit from Furious Angels"
Body: "I, #name, would like to enlist in The Agency. Thank you."

We think it's just a database to build up names at the moment.

Beta testing is really just about playing the game normally while finding every bug that you possibly can, and then reporting it to the development team. It's also about testing the limits of the game and trying to find any exploits so that they can be squashed before release. It's basically trying to perfect the game before it Launches.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 07:56:14 pm »
"#name" being your actual name, or your in-game name?

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
I don't think it matters. I believe that I used Anamodiel, but you can use your real name if you want. o.0

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 08:19:49 pm »
Email sent, from Tecknik. ;)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 08:45:34 pm »
Like I said, it might be good if we knew a bit more about what The Agency's story is before we start work on our own story for it.  As of right now, all we know is that it's spy vs. spy.  We know there are two rival spy organizations, but we don't really know why they're rivals, how they formed, or what their respective goals are.  Presumably they both have the same goal, and that's where the rivalry comes into play, but we don't know that for sure.

MxO was different because anyone who had seen the movies pretty much knew exactly what to expect from the game.  Ultimately, our expectations fell short pretty damn quickly, but that's beside the point.

Spies vs. Private Army, actually.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
The Agency
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »
Yeah, I know the concept of beta testing I was just saying generally, some games, allow early beta testing to people active on forums and whatnot... that is more the angle I was wondering about.. but it is probably different with every game developer.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Agency
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55:20 pm »
you know i really don't want to have anything to do with soe, but if you guys are going.... are you SURE there's not a better game out there?

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

* Discord

Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 144
  • Dot Hidden: 0