Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Ranked PvP Teams  (Read 12701 times)

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 01:41:19 pm »
Well....We are already behind the 8 ball as far as practicing as a team goes. Other guilds and groups are already running dedicated 4 man groups composed of 1 Tank,! Healer and 2 DPS. The Tank in said groups is guarding the Healer like its the President. We need to start doing this now. I experienced this first hand yesterday and it is super effective. Sure its what everyone will be doing,but the fact is,other people have started practicing this now,and we have not. Waiting to practice this at the last minute is not good.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »
I just organized a rough draft of the teams and it looks like Ex posted a practice evening. Practices should be starting this week.

Please take a look at the teams and let me know if there are any conflicts.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
Yeah sorry about the delay been a bit distracted with work and other things but i'm back now and i'm all gonna ride you hard until you maggots are the finest group of warriors in this glorious republic.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »
While I have a whole lot of experience playing with the folks in libertas and veritas groups, I think only jeyk in our group has been in a ton of WZs with me from our group. This means we're going to be very deficient until we get together and learn eachothers ways.

Rez, pait, vic: when are you guys usually on? I think I've only played a WZ with pait, and that was only a few times - so if we're going to play well together, I'd like to play with you guys more.

T, I also think you should rethink having me as the only stealth class in our group, while yours has three and ver has two. That's a big deal in HB and VS. I would suggest swapping one fo the sentinels in EM with Sared in Lib.

Also, making these teams based off PvE playstyles isn't always the best. It's not PvE. I understand where you're coming from, but also consider gear of these teams.

I expect to have a few more thoughts on group mechanics as we move forward on this. I would urge everyone else to post their opinions as well.

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 04:07:18 pm »
Shall we consider a prerequisite to make it on a team to make Battlemaster?

I know for example azarov just hit 50 but it has taken me about a week to hit valor 60 ... The gearing and necessity of having 400-500+ expertise in these ranked matches will be abso fucking lutely necessary... I know making it on to a ranked team would mean a lot and I don't want to hurt peoples feelings for being left out but the hard work to make it onto the team makes it that more desirable to achieve and that much more serious... I don't want to be the gimp of the group and granted spec'd as a shadow tank I have plenty of survivability compared to almost every other class and I am sitting at 9% Expertise+ but I don't want to also gimp the team... At Battlemaster I am sure that I will be much more geared and ready for this and I would hope everyone has the same hopes that we can honestly be well known and compete with THE BEST

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »
Quote from: "Ademaro"
Shall we consider a prerequisite to make it on a team to make Battlemaster?

I know for example azarov just hit 50 but it has taken me about a week to hit valor 60 ... The gearing and necessity of having 400-500+ expertise in these ranked matches will be abso fucking lutely necessary.

I have to agree with this. Also,as far as healers go,pve gear is gonna be nothing but a big red bullseye on you. Sure,it gives you more endurance but that is easily negated by the opposing teams expertise bonus to damage. Dead healers cast no heals.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »
Ill have to be an alternate sub as I my schedule has been totally hosed for the next month or more and could only play random times.. however I do pvp alot when I do play.  

Im Shadow DPS

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »
come 1.2 they wont know if your wearing pvp or pve

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 05:01:27 pm »
Quote from: "ExternalError"
come 1.2 they won't know if your wearing pvp or pve

There still needs to be a minimum expertise number,every team member should have,such as at least 550,otherwise your gonna go down like a prom queen,and those wasted heals on a said player could have better been cast on others. I'm not trying to step on toes or piss people off,but you can't carry less geared players in rated pvp like can be done in pve raids. Gearing up for pvp requires each individual to invest slightly more play time. I want to get to the top,even if I have to strap a Saturn V rocket to my back.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »
Quote from: "Rezinar"
Quote from: "ExternalError"
come 1.2 they won't know if your wearing pvp or pve

There still needs to be a minimum expertise number,every team member should have,such as at least 550,otherwise your gonna go down like a prom queen,and those wasted heals on a said player could have better been cast on others. I'm not trying to step on toes or piss people off,but you can't carry less geared players in rated pvp like can be done in pve raids. Gearing up for pvp requires each individual to invest slightly more play time. I want to get to the top,even if I have to strap a Saturn V rocket to my back.

Healers don't need nearly that amount of Expertise. I'm able to PVP in half Rakata and half Champion. I talked with K'lia, and now that he has mostly BM gear, he can heal for the same amount with his BM than with his old mix of Rakata and Champion.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »
Also, the caps and differences for expertise are being redone for 1.2 - so we don't know what's "needed". The theory right now is that PvP will rely MORE on expertise, so even more would be better.

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
Also, the caps and differences for expertise are being redone for 1.2 - so we don't know what's "needed". The theory right now is that PvP will rely MORE on expertise, so even more would be better.

Once the other team knows your a healer there is no such thing as to much expertise. I'm sitting on 670,and when I drop 100 off to try different gear combos out,I feel it,as in I die quicker. Also,popping the expertise stim= 30 seconds of god mode healing.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 05:47:03 pm »
My understanding is that with the changes to valor gained in warzones, ANYONE who wants to be on a PvP team can achieve Battlemaster before 1.2.

I tried to initially group people based on timezone. For instance, Sared works evenings like I do, so we're usually both available in the afternoon or late evening. To put Sared on a team that always meets at 7 p.m. would be pointless for him and the team.

Next I tried to divide by class. I think only one group is missing a trooper. The rest should have all four major classes. In terms of stealthiness, Voidstar can be beneficial to have one to sneak the other door or hide while guarding the other door, but I never saw that as a make-or-break part of the team (I could be wrong). My priority was to put together the tank bubbling/guarding the healer with two DPS scenario.

If you've signed up, please make sure you grind out to Battlemaster in the next few weeks. Groups can identify those undergeared and help them gear up by practice, practice, practice!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:15 pm »
We also should be aware what it's like to play with everyone. There are many people here who play with only certain people, or instead choose to solo. You know eachothers moves like the back of your hands, which is fine, but it's stacking, and in the cases where other groups need to fill slots, especially with more experienced or better geared PvP'ers, I would hate to see one of them hold out due only to this list.

I'm very nervous about this setup. Hope I'm wrong.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Ranked PvP Teams
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 07:01:30 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"

This, a thousand times this.

Get Champion gear minimum, then shoot for Battlemaster gear.

Throw whatever you've heard about min-maxing out the window and get all of the Expertise.

ALL OF IT.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online